Some have described it as the fourth industrial revolution: when technology becomes embedded in society. Others talk about the new digital economy where technology starts governing, assuring and auditing itself. But, increasingly, there’s agreement that the enabling technology will be blockchain. The effects on financial services will be profound.
In our first Blockchain Masterclass on October 12th in the City of London we’ll discuss how this incredible technology has the potential to create trust, and assure value, in financial services.
New trust-based platforms are being created across industries – but especially within the financial sector. Many believe that this new model of central governance via blockchain will define new paradigms of business computing over the next 10-15 years.
The Masterclass will draw upon a core team of blockchain experts who are already delivering blockchain implementations and pilots across financial services, insurance and public administration.
The masterclass will be an ideal immersive session for technology transformation strategists, product specialists and innovation leaders. It will allow companies to get deeper insight into how creating value-centred processes could improve mutual trust.
We’ll be building the agenda over the coming weeks. Bookmark this page for the latest information.
- Our masterclass leader for the day will be Seamus Cushley, Director, EMEA Blockchain, FinTech & Digital at PwC.
- Guest speakers will include:
- Diego Zuluaga, from the Institute of Economic Affairs, who will provide an economics perspective that highlights the advantages of decentralised technology;
- Marcella Atzori, a blockchain governance expert and an academic researcher, currently affiliated with the University College of London’s Centre for Blockchain Technologies;
- Janina Lowisz, CMO of Cashaa, will provide an overview of a new P2P marketplace for international money transfer using cryptocurrency.
- The event Moderators will be:
- Jeffrey Peel, Editor of Citizen2020 and Managing Director of Quadriga Consulting;
- Nic Stirk, CEO of SLA Digital.
The event will be held in the stunning new Dorsett City Hotel in Aldgate on Thursday, October 12, 2017. Lunch, and refreshments throughout the day will be included in the delegate rate. The hotel is situated right in the heart of the city of London.
We can offer delegates a special rate at the hotel if they wish to stay the evening before or evening of the event. Details will be provided to all delegates.